CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Our Little Guy

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 26, 2008

Parents in Pasadena


This morning Kevin, my mom, my dad, and I went to Old Pasadena for breakfast. On Saturday night we read a menu in the window of Le Pain Quotidien (daily bread) and decided we would check it out the next morning. While we waited for a table my mom said "that man sitting by the post looks just like John C. Reilly." Not only did it look like him, it was him. He was just relaxing with his kids eating some bread. I was slightly star-struck, because I think he's a pretty great actor. But we opted not to stare, or smile strangely at him or his kids (always a good option). So, two months in the L.A. area and we had our first celebrity sighting. I am glad it was not someone weird, or dumb.

My parents stayed with us this weekend, yes in our tiny studio (pictures to come soon). It was a fun adventure- not one I am sure they will ever agree to again, but fun nonetheless. We got to see more of Pasadena, eat some very very good food, and just relax. Thankfully, the weather here has completely reversed from last weekend. On thursday we had thunder and lightning, and during their stay the weather has been in the sixties.

Tomorrow morning I have an interview at 8:30 a.m. so, if you read this, and you think of it- you could pray that maybe this would lead to a job!

3 comments:

tiffany clark said...

please let me know when you see mary-kate olsen....that would be a good one mel!

Unknown said...

...ody!

Cheryl Thompson said...

John C. Reilly in person looks exactly like John C. Reilly the actor. He was slightly rumpled, had messy hair and was looking at the world from under those awesome eyebrows. His two little boys are just as tousled as he is and they obviously enjoy their dad. They were sitting in the middle of the restaurant with tables all around them and not one person approached them. Pasadena is a pretty cool place.