CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Our Little Guy

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Your Guess Is As Good As Mine

I thought I was confused, now I am bewildered. Shortly after posting my rant this morning I picked up a voice mail from the coffee shop manager. She said she needed to know what my fall availability will be. Against my better judgment I called her back:

me: "Hi, I am just returning your call. About my availability- I am really open right now, but in the fall I have an 8a.m. class three days a week, and a 9a.m. class two days a week."
manager: "So is the 8a.m. on Mon. Wed. Fri.?"
me: "yes."
manager: "Ok, thanks. Bye." click

Did she call me just to taunt me? She didn't even say anything!!! I would just like to mention to any future coffee managers, or anyone in any kind of management position- your communication should exceed that of a potential employee.

The paint crew position has been filled, and KK never called. So there we are, nowhere really. Now my new plan is to offer myself as an unpaid helper in a marketing office to get some experience. Really, can anyone turn down free work? I guess we will see.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

when you do get an interview at a job that is actually worth your time, there's a good tip about interviewing in here: http://tinyurl.com/2u7w4v

Anonymous said...

Awe man, how ridiculous is that? I'm sorry. Looking for a job stinks and it seems that you happen to be running in more than your fair share of dumb people along the way. Hope that you're at least enjoying some of your downtime. Call me if you need anything!

Lindsay said...

well she sounds like she's crazy so you probably wouldnt want to work for her anyway. :)