CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Our Little Guy

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 9, 2007

Spidey-disappointment

Let me say that if you have not seen Spiderman 3 and you want to- DON'T READ THIS.



I LOVE Spiderman 1 and 2 and I own both. I was excited for number 3 and today, being cold and rainy seemed to be the perfect day to check it out. We sucked it up and paid to see it in the theater. I want my $13 back!

There were hardly any good fight/sky high chase scenes. I can think of only two that rivaled previous Spidermans.

Two new characters were introduced, and I won't really give it away, but the "sandman" is awesome and used some great special effects.

Spidey goes through some sort of ridiculous period of finding himself in which he becomes a weird emo-looking aggressive guy who attracts the attention of all women (including absurdly gorgeous black women who would never look twice at an emo white kid who is half their size, note the photo in the top left of the above collage). He struts the streets of N.Y.C. for about 10 scenes, ending in a very strange/cheesy dance scene. Come on now, Spidey's gotta dance??

Line after line of cheesy quips and life lessons, I was ready to vomit by the time Spidey teams up with the green goblin and forgives his enemies. The end alludes to a happy ending, but shows nothing. After 2 hours of love, friendship, rainbows and puppies, you give a mysterious ending? You might as well show the wedding of Spidey and MJ and why not throw in the birth of Spider-girl, for good measure.

This movie was so silly, and I do not recommend it. If you must see it- rent it. But don't invite me over to watch it.

2 comments:

Tara said...

Well now that we're honest about our stalking styles I feel such a weight off my shoulders. lol
It was great to see you today for like the one minute we did! Have a great week in the multnomah hood!

erik said...

yeah the spidey dance was ridiculous!!! Much agreed.. But Evan almight comes out on june 22nd!! Yippee-- maybe we could ALL go.... I know its kinda pricey..