CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Our Little Guy

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Coffee, Gadgets, Or A Paint Brush?

This whole job thing is border line out of control. It is so weird. Since my last post I met with my old manager at kitchen kaboodle, I have followed up on an application at a coffee shop, and applied to work on a paint crew at my school.

I went back to kitchen kaboodle only to learn everything has changed and no one I worked with is there anymore. That made me feel uneasy, but when we met I learned that the hours they are offering are awful! It wouldn't be so bad, but they want me to work Saturday and Sunday! Pretty sure that is the only time I have with Kevin. And, we are still in our first year of marriage, which means we are not yet willing to compromise on time spent together. The funny thing is that the manager went on vacation the day after we met together. So I called the assistant manager and told him I can work there, but I can't work Saturdays. So, they are deliberating (I assume) and I imagine I should hear back today.

I applied at a cute little coffee shop that is very close to Kevin's work which would be great since we share a car. After turning in my application I called to follow up, because call me crazy but I think that is how you get a job. Anyway, when I called the shop the manager was out so I left a message asking her to call me back. She did not call me, so I called her again(how's that for initiative??) Our call went something like this:

me: "Hi can I speak to the manager?"
worker: "yeah."
manager: "Hello?"
me: (ever so excited to be actually speaking to someone as wonderful as a coffee shop manager- or that's what I want her to think anyway.) "Hi, my name is Melody and I turned in an application to work there, and I am so excited about the opportunity and I look forward to meeting you."
manager: "Ok."
me: "Well, I just wanted to see if you need anymore information from me, and I wanted to let you know I am free this week for an interview."
manager: "Oh, well we are waiting to get a lot of applications, and then we will call for interviews."

Seriously?? Waiting for a lot of applications? Sheesh, why not just tell me you don't want me to work there.

Yesterday after reading craigslist for the 80th time I called my school. I spoke to student employment and I was told they "may" be hiring for paint crew, and that I should come in and apply. Manual labor never sounded so good! I applied and now I am waiting- assuming that the coffee shop is a bust, not knowing if they actually have a place for me on said paint crew, and scared of being offered a job at KK for fear of the new messiness there and not knowing why an entire staff has left, seems sketchy to me.

In the midst of it all I just sit and pray, the prayers of a temporary schizophrenic who cannot decide if I am truly thankful for God's provision, or if I am mad that I don't have a job yet. Kevin is so patient with me, and my crazy ideas. He has not even forced me to take a job just to have one. I know he wouldn't... but I still appreciate it.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

forget that coffee shop, useless. they aren't worth your time.