CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Our Little Guy

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, June 15, 2007

DTS, PDX, BFF

Yesterday two of my wonderful friends Ryan and Lindsay came to visit Portland! These ladies have a special place in my life because we lived together in Switzerland and Lindsay and I travelled through Africa together. Ryan is living in Colorado these days while Lindsay lives on a Naval base in Washington. Ryan came to the Pacific Northwest and they made the trip south to visit Portland.

I was such the little tour guide. First stop, The Rams Head on 23rd for lunch. Ryan exclaimed at the cheapness of food here in our great city. She recently spent a year in Boston and was quite happy to have a burger, cajun tots and a beer for less than $10! We walked the street looking at the little boutiques and stopped in "Turkish Imports" we found rugs from Afghanistan and dishes from Tajikistan somewhat lacking in the "Turkish" department.

Next we climbed the floors and navigated the color coated rooms of Powells. My two friends are avid book readers and could really appreciate the "city of books". We drove back across the river for coffee at Bipartisan and picked up Kevin from work. The four of us then went to Flying Pie for Pizza and arcade games.

Ryan and Lindsay gave Kevin and I a wedding gift that is so amazing! Both of these ladies are also avid tea drinkers. They picked a tea set for two- blown glass tea pot and tea cups. The sneaky part is that this is a teaposy tea set and came with a box of tea blooms. These are little bundles of tea leaves that bloom when you pour hot water on them. And look like this:



I am so excited to have ladies over to show off my new tea pot and tea blooms I can hardly wait! Erin- we will have to pick a time for a girls-only tea party for two. And all the women of my family- drive here, fly here, just get here so we can share a bloom, and some conversation. Thanks Cookies and Fred! You girls are the best!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I can't wait! We'll send the boys to play there computer games and have high tea!

Anonymous said...

Apparently I need to start proof reading my comments before I push publish. There games? What was I thinking? Maybe it's the fact that Hunter hit Hayden with a sledge-hammer that is clouding my judgement...Maybe....

erik said...

Such a stereotype that boys don't drink Tea.... Oh wait- I don't like it.. Looking forward to Game-fest Kev vs. Erik! He will win.

Unknown said...

i thought the rooms were "color-coded."

melody said...

I suppose they are both coated and coded... I'm a moron