CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Our Little Guy

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 7, 2007

It's my party, or it was my party


So Tuesday was my birthday, and now I am the big 2 3. Right. So I had a really great day- made especially enjoyable by my husband, Kevin. First, he woke me up and we went to my favorite coffee shop for a bagel and coffee. Then he had work and I had Summer school. Around 11:45 a.m. mid-lecture I looked out the window of the classroom to see Kevin carrying a big bouquet of pink and yellow balloons!




This was so surprising because he was at work, and I had our car. Behind him were Erik and Erin they all walked into class with a bag of cupcakes and milk for the whole class! That was pretty special.

After school and work we came home and I opened presents from Kevin and his mom. Nancy made me an apron!



We changed clothes and went to our favorite sushi place....mmmmmm



6 rolls, plus one extra special "crazy roll"!





After this we went to Papa Haydn for some really good dessert. During the day I talked to my parents and Tiff, and all three of my brothers called. I felt pretty special. On Wednesday we had a package waiting at our door. My mom and dad shipped me their cards, plus my mom bought me some really fun gifts for my house. My favorite being this really bright patterned table cloth. All in all, a great first married birthday.

5 comments:

Sammy said...

Happy Birthday, Melody!! Your husband is way too sweet. That was very thoughtful of him. And I think I recognize that sushi place... it didn't happen to become your favorite while Kevin lived out yonder, did it?

melody said...

Indeed it did. It is only the best sushi we've found in Oregon. It's always worth the short drive out east, and we love to take the slow drive up Halsey. We're actually so glad it is out there because we can always get a table.

erik said...

Glad your birthday was so special and memorable. You most certainly deserve it! I love the picture with your head in the bouquet of balloons... If your face was either Yellow or Bright Pink you would SO blend in! See ya tonight.

Anonymous said...

I think my husband just said your face is shaped like a ballon, ummm, I'm sure he didn't mean it that way....ehhmmmmm...

So glad we could be a part of your special first married birthday!

Whitney said...

You are too cute Melody! I think my favorite part of your birthday is that they brought cupcakes and milk. Nobody ever thinks of bringing milk, and that is important!