CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Our Little Guy

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Calling All Ladies

And guys who ain't ashamed!

So this week I have a hankering for a girly movie. I need recommendations for a chick flick, romantic comedy- any movie that you've watched that is girly, and at least marginally good. For a little guidance please see a list below of movies along this vain that I love.

Stranger Than Fiction
Notting Hill
Garden State
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
The Breakup
The Devil Wears Prada
Bridget Jones Diar(ies)
Pretty Woman
etc.

While I am normally adverse to blogs that require audience participation I could really use some suggestions. New movies on DVD, old faves, whatever. I would love to hear what movies you can watch again and again.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay so I just watched "27 dresses" and was pleasantly suprised. It is a true chick plick but pretty cute. I've been told that "P.S. I Love You" is really good but have yet to see it.

Other Possibilities:
In her Shoes
Juno-I think you've seen it
Dan in Real Life
28-days- one of my all time favs
The Holiday
10 things I hate about you- a movie that I can watch over and over and still love

Hope you find something perfect to fit your mood!

Unknown said...

somewhat in the VEIN you speak of:

knocked up
a good year (my favorite chickish flick ever)
penelope

melody said...

regarding vein- I looked it up, and couldn't get an adequate answer regarding which one to use, so there. And I totally forgot to add Knocked Up to my list. LOVED it.

Whitney said...

You can fly to Dallas and see Sex in the City with me- or watch Along Came Polly, the best romantic comedy EVER

Lindsay said...

Casablanca! not only is it a classic, you wont find anything more romantic :)

melody said...

Lindsay! I am so happy to see you here! Very sneaky with that misleading blogger name/no blog. Unless it is secret?

Unknown said...

Penelope (my new fave!!!)

Valley Girl (for some 80's cuteness...love this movie...although Matt isn't sure you'll dig it)

Forgetting Sarah Marshall - would totally see again in the theater with the right people (ie. YOU)

Becoming Jane has a sad ending, but a fun journey there...

I think I'm tapped. You've already picked all the good ones. (Minus obvious retro flicks...oh! If you feel like going for some Doris Day, then Pillow Talk. I watched it the summer after freshman year in college, when I was in love with Matt but hadn't figured it out yet. My grandpa loves it as well.)

Yep, I'm out. Plus I'm going through a sci-fi/fantasy kick...again...wait...

Unknown said...

down with love

Unknown said...

also, happy birthday!

Lindsay said...

well, i dont think anything is a secret. i was just trying to figure out how to leave you comments, so who knows what i did. :) miss you lady

Unknown said...

13 going on 30.
And Happy Birthday, too!

Ryan said...

Lindsay and I disagree with Casablanca. An amazing movie, but it's not the most romantic. I'm searching for that title... but um, I would say Roman Holiday. And Once. And Return to Me...