CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Our Little Guy

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 21, 2008

We Caved.


With highs threatening 113(!) and recorded temps of 110, we bought an air conditioner. After finding my husband asleep face down in our ridiculously hot apartment when I came home from work, I knew it was time. Kevin starts his intensive summer courses on Monday and I knew there was no way he could study in this heat. I told him to research some units online, and last night we brought it home. We managed to find a small window unit, that is energy efficient. Plus it has this funny little remote so that we can control the temp from the couch. I think tonight we may rent a movie and enjoy relaxing at home instead of trying to find an air conditioned mall or some other creepy place.

As a side note we found out our upstairs neighbor will be gone for ALL of July and August. As Kevin said, "you only dream of things like this happening."

2 comments:

Bern Thompson said...

Cool. Very cool. Stay cool. Keep your cool. Be cool.

Dad

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you now will get some relief! And to think that 90 degrees feels so hot to me!