CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Our Little Guy

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 8, 2008

One of Those Nights

I suppose my mind must be elsewhere and/or I am already stressing about my first day. Tonight while I was cooking dinner I dumped cinnamon onto my chicken instead of paprika. I scooped as much out as I could, and our dinner only had an after-taste of cinnamon. Kevin was sweet and said, "Well, this is probably how new recipes begin." It's true, but I doubt I'll try this one again. Later in the evening I was mixing a marinade for tomorrow nights dinner when I realized that I was making a full recipe of marinade while I only needed half. Minor mistakes, but out of the ordinary for me.

I have been so consumed since getting the job offer that I haven't even written about my birthday. Thanks for all the birthday wishes from my family and friends. I turned 24, which feels suspiciously like 23. Though I suppose I am now in my mid-twenties?

It was a really wonderful day. Kevin had class in the morning, and in the afternoon I got to choose lunch. We went to Jamba juice, and then to baja fresh so that I could sip on a smoothie and eat chips and guacamole. Mmmmmm. We then made our way to Whole Foods where I chose a mocha cream cake for two. We dropped off the cake at home and drove to the Huntington Library and Gardens. We walked through the gardens and made a quick walk through the library, because we can't go there without seeing the Gutenberg Bible.

Next we went home to cool off and relax for a bit. We then went out for dinner- where we were initially sat in a section where there were no customers but a group of waiters being trained about wine. Kevin spoke to a manager and got us an amazing table in the window overlooking the street! We headed home and ate cake and I opened presents. Kevin gave me "Juno" on DVD, a new book (which I plan to discusss in a different blog) and a pink yoga mat! Pretty much the three things I would have picked for myself. I also had a card, new bag, and gift card from my parents. It was a great day.

0 comments: