CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Our Little Guy

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 18, 2008

Weekenders

Yesterday Kevin and I got serious about cleaning house. Not in the, "let's sweep, swiffer, and scrub" kind of clean house. We got rid of all items not-in-use. It was wonderful. I love getting rid of excess and we filled my car with clothes, books, and random items that we no longer need or want. It has been my experience with previous moves that if I do not go through my stuff I will inevitably pack useless items, such as shirts I haven't worn in 2 years, paperclips "just in case," bouncy balls or pen caps missing their pens. You know the box you mark "miscellaneous" filled with all the items previously listed.

The funny thing about getting rid of stuff is the underlying hope that this old stuff will be replaced with new stuff. When I filled two plastic bags with my worn-out throw pillows I made Kevin promise he would buy me new ones after our move. And yes, I am one of those people who considers throw pillows a "necessity."

I was feeling ill over the weekend with some sort of bug that sucks all your energy and appetite. I hid under the covers on our bed while Kevin dug through his closet. He tossed all items for donation on top of me, and I was so tired I really didn't mind. I have this funny habit in life, where any time I am feeling sick or have an upset tummy all I want is fruit. All day long I asked Kevin to bring me bananas and juice, and after our trip to Goodwill nothing sounder better to me than Jamba Juice.

In other news my parents visited Pasadena over the weekend, and went to check out our new apartment complex. They looked for our new apartment and couldn't find it. So, I am a little confused, and we are beginning to wonder if our "studio" is in fact a large"ish" closet in the parking garage. Man I hope not.

2 comments:

erik said...

Sorry to hear you were/are sick.. Thats dumpsville... Erin and I thoroughly love- that kind of cleaning... She is really good at it too....! I think she also considers Throw Pillows as you do. I would also venture to guess- that she will be excited to hear of the new ones you end up with.

Anonymous said...

Yay! Cleaning out is such a good feeling! I'm looking forward to a day like that in the hopefully not too distant future, when all my current clothes start falling off my then smaller body :) I spent most of yesterday doing the other type of cleaning. The scrubbing, mopping and dusting sort. Wish we were going to be close enough that I could go pillow shopping with you. I love picking out pillows!