CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Our Little Guy

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, July 31, 2009

SYTYCD

I really enjoy watching "So You Think You Can Dance." Or, should I say that I "did." The last couple of seasons have left me with memorable moving, emotional, funny, beautiful dances that I haven't forgotten. This year? Is it just me, or do these finalists do the same solos over and over and over? Nigel Lythgoe keeps trying to convince us that this is the "best group of dancers we've ever had on the show, and did I mention that we were nominated for 75 emmys? And can you believe what this show has done for dance? If it weren't for my brilliant television show about dance America would be cultureless! Please thank me with silk pocket squares, and possibly even larger white veneers."

He can try to convince me, but I know better. Twitch? Joshua? Hawk? Katie? Should I go on? These were some of the best dancers the show has produced. But this season my suspicion is that the choreographers are stretched too thin as they are already preparing for their first ever Fall Premiere. I also suspect that at this season's auditions the best dancers were held over for said Fall season that it might be their best season ever. And this Summer season? Makes those of us SYTYCD faithfuls lose heart in the mediocre performance of the dancers. And don't get me started on Mary Murphey and her "hot tamale train" she is enough to make me quit the show all together.

And to the four finalists: Brandon- would you at least pretend to think there is something you could learn? Oh, and put your shirt on. Evan- I like you, and your sad eyes. I think there must be some sort of following of homeschoolers who are campaigning for votes and keeping you in. Enjoy this time. Jeanine- You are an average dancer and I am beginning to think you are only getting votes because of your body. I have seen no progress in your dancing. And don't forget, your dad is watching and may not want to see your body in gold rubber, just a thought. Kayla- I think you are the best dancer on the show. You deserve to be on a season with better peers. I hope you will win, but I don't vote, so what do I know?

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Pretty much my thoughts exactly, this season doesn't even compare to last year. So far the best part of this whole season was the last episode when Twitch, Joshua, Katie, Courtney and Mark made their cameo appearance. Nigel's on crack if he thinks these are the best dancers the show's ever seen. As for Mary, words can't even describe how annoying she is.
Anywho...your ticker is cute :)

Unknown said...

I gave up. I have 4 episodes dvred, and I went "eh!" and turned on the Golden Girls instead. I have not been emotionally moved once this season. Sure, I've enjoyed some of the dancing, but NOTHING has given me chills, or moved me out of my own narcissistic critical audience member role like so many performances last season. Joshua had me in the palm of his hand everytime he started moving on stage. There is so much to be said for being able to emote and connect with your audience while on stage. I think it is critical for ANY stage performance in the arts. Ok, so "maybe" this crowd are impressive dancers...I don't feel it, so I don't see it.

And yeah, the choreographers feel stretched to me too!! EVERYONE seems tired!! Mary can't think of anything else to say!! They re-route criticism so much. I usually love Mary, but its just not fun to hang out with your BF when he/she's about to fall asleep.

Cheryl Thompson said...

I have only one thing to say...Janette, who was sent home way too soon in my opinion. She could do anything they asked of her and she did it with JOY! I agree that Janine is in because has that bod and that smile.

Cheryl Thompson said...

Hey, girl, I would love to see you blog about your reflections on the "little person" growing inside you.

Maya said...

Hi Melody!!

Saw Steph today and she shared the news. I'm so thrilled for you!

It's seems like it was yesterday that we had our bible study group. You were this happy-go-lucky young chicken (still are) with a super positive attitude. Now you are this grown-up woman about to become a mother!

I can only imagine how over the moon your parents must be. Congratulations and I hope the ride to motherhood becomes more enjoyable soon!

Hugs and kisses,

Maya