CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Our Little Guy

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A Lesson in Sharing

For the last 2 weeks, and the next 3(!) Kevin is in class Tuesday/Thursday from 5pm-9pm. I get off work at 5pm, so you can imagine how much I love this schedule. I try to visit him on my way to the gym (because I have no excuse not to go when he's not here). The past few classes I have managed to walk onto campus at the perfect time as his professor dismisses him for a short break. So tonight I waited on campus, and there was no Kevin.

While I waited I thought about buying a Dr. Pepper from a vending machine (ok, you weird health conscious, organic only, perfectly balanced diet people who read my blog. I was craving a Dr. Pepper, ok? I think you probably crave gross things too). So I looked in my purse- I had a dollar, score! The soda was 90 cents. Then I saw a Pepsi staring at me. Kevin loves Pepsi, and I never let him get it (being the hypocrite that I am). So, I thought it would be so nice of me to buy him a Pepsi. I dug in my purse and found 70 cents. If I bought him a Pepsi I would have 10 cents change, which added to the 70 left me 10 cents short of a Dr. Pepper. I decided to buy him the Pepsi. I reached into the little change drop and found my dime, and a nickel! I looked at the candy bar machine to the right and reached into its change drop, another nickel! This brought me to exactly 90 cents- enough for my Dr. Pepper. I don't want to over spiritualize it, but I think sometimes you are rewarded for putting others before yourself.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

ha ha, love it! just so you know, i dream about drinking dr. pepper. no, really, i dreamt two nights ago i was drinking it.

Tiff said...

Dr. Pepper?!Really? EW. hahaha.
I love this post.

melody said...

I know, right Tiff? Add some cheetos and I'm Austina Louise!

Bern Thompson said...

I thought only thirsty Kiwis craved Dr Pepper!