CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Our Little Guy

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

"Morning" Sickness Still Going Strong

WARNING: This is a semi-graphic post involving vomit- you've been warned. Feel free to skip the following paragraph.

It finally happened, I threw up at work. I made it to the ladies room, but it was still a personal nightmare. Luckily we have a restroom that is a single, with a locked door. I ran in, turned the water on and went to town. It was especially fun, a carrot chunk flew through my nose. Vomiting while pregnant (for me) is totally different than with let's say the stomach flu. When I've had the flu, there are extra stomach acids breaking down what I've eaten. Well now, I throw up food in the same state I swallowed it. Yes, disgusting. Especially if I did not drink a ton with the meal, it is almost like slow motion at times. Sorry but I want to be detailed for ladies who are considering pregnancy. Also, as I approach week 12, just two days away, I can suddenly "feel" my baby. It's actually my uterus, but when I lay on my stomach it's definitely there, and the bump has definitely started. It's really nice to know that the little one is there and growing rapidly.

Before I threw up, I called Kevin and said "I need my Zofran" and hung up. After that was over, I told my boss that I was headed home for the remainder of the day. I took a two hour nap, and then called to refill my Zofran prescription because I was still feeling very queasy. After calling I discovered that there was a little miscommunication regarding refills. So I had to wait on the pharmacy contacting my OB for a new prescription. Three hours later I finally had the prescription in hand. Lesson learned: never let the Zofran prescription lapse. I am hoping that sometime soon I will be over the "morning" (give me a break!) sickness. It would be great to never refill, but if I get down to one pill, I will be calling my pharmacy immediately.

1 comments:

Lindsay said...

oh man, pregnancy nausea, SO much fun! I remember the first time it hit me, I was around 8 weeks and decided to make home made salsa, I was roasting jalapenos and the smell made me so sick I literally curled up in a ball on the living room floor and stayed there the rest of the day. David had to finish the salsa, he wasn't happy. :)
Im so excited for you guys! The morning/all day sickness sucks but I know I dont have to tell you its totally worth it. :) Ryan and I are already trying to figure out when we can make a trip to Cali!