CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Our Little Guy

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Thrifting

Kevin and I have been severely disappointed by thrift stores around Pasadena thus far. This weekend we gave it a shot again. It was still pretty sad, but at least we can check off a few more stores as "not returning to." I would not even begin to pretend that this is a thrifting blog, but I thought one find yesterday was blog-worthy. Can you imagine showing up to a beach barbecue carrying this cooler?


look more closely



DOS = Date of Surgery
They obviously had to dump this cooler after someone not so smart wrote directly on the cooler instead of using some masking tape. But I should thank that person, because now I never want to buy a cooler at a thrift store.

3 comments:

The Queen of Fifty Cents said...

Holy moly, if I were the person whose name is on that thing I'd be calling my lawyer!

That said, since you're in California, a lot of thrifting happens at yard sales on Saturday, and the prices are usually way better than those in a thrift store. Plus you get to pet people's dogs!

Tiff said...

Kind of gross. But dont let this keep you from further "thrifting"!
And if all else fails, try Ross.

Cheryl Thompson said...

Ew, Ew! I hope you didn't look inside. Are there some cool thrift stores closer to Beverley Hills and Hollywood?? I've always heard there were.