CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Our Little Guy

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Remember This?

Well, probably not. I never showed them to you.

Here is Kevin "packing" the boxes, so we posed it, so what?


The happy movers. We were happy at this point because we had spent a few days off the road and at my parent's house.


The car was even packed full. We may have needed a bigger truck.


And this was me at our old apartment. We replaced some blinds that had some slight burn/melt marks on them. I sat on the bed, then stood up to put a screw in the wall. When I stood up some sticky part of the new packaging had nestled itself into my- seat.


Well, we're doing it again. Are we simply gluttons for punishment, whose memories have conveniently blocked out how horrible moving is? Not really. We (I) just got really tired of having no outdoor space. And after spending some time in other studios we realized just how strange the layout of our current apartment is (poor use of space). Our lease is up on September 12 and we are moving on October 17 (2 days after our second anniversary).

This move will be considerably easier than our last since we are just moving up two floors. This means that we will no longer live on the ground floor in the center of our complex, this also means that as residents of the third floor we no longer have to deal with upstairs neighbors. We will still be living in a studio, but now we will have a balcony!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I am thoroughly pleased for the both of you, my dear. When I come visit, let's go estate sale-ing and find you a couple of cute patio chairs...something you can sip iced tea in from your new balcony...:)

Cheryl Thompson said...

Speaking of tea, I bought a new Brown Betty teapot in Tigard over the weekend. This morning, as I was washing it for the first time, I knocked the spout and chipped a piece out of it. It still pours fine. How in the world did I keep my current BB teapot in nearly perfect condition for more years than I can count and then damage a new one before I used it? The old BB wasn't pouring very well and this morning I also discovered that years of tea residue had built up inside the spout and blocked it. I cleaned it with brushes and toothpicks and a pipecleaner. It's fine now. I shouldn't have bought a new one.

Why am I writing all of this? I'm bored, I guess, so I have turned Melody's blog into a Blathering Place. I'm sorry if "tea residue" offends anybody's OCD tendencies. As I am sure Grandma Thompson would say, we must soldier on, make do, keep the old teapot going as long as possible.

melody said...

is this to say our current apartment just need a good cleaning, and we shouldn't get a new one? :) just kidding mom.

Cheryl Thompson said...

Melody, you are a spectacular housekeeper. I can't imagine that any Brown Betty that lives in your house would ever end up like mine did. Old apartment or new, you will keep it clean and comfy...

Whitney said...

Hey Andy and I moved to another apartment in our complex before! It's really weird- it goes by fast but still feels like a big move. A "borrowed" shopping cart helps speed things up. I personally feel a little less stressed because you guys are getting a great new home! No more fantasies of destroying Korean children's toys!

Anonymous said...

Yay for patios! Wish we could be there to help you hoist things up tothe new place. Need us to fly do with our drill to help unscrew any blinds?