CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Our Little Guy

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

2 Years.

Two years ago today, I became a mrs. I let go of the name I shared with my family, to start my own new family. Kevin and I talk a lot about how we are our own family, and how our marriage is the beginning of a new family's legacy. On Sunday Kevin's friend who was his best man in the wedding, commented on Kevin and I having been married for two years now. Kevin didn't hesitate a moment and said "it feels like it's been one day." Sure, insert swoon here, but I know he means it because I feel that way too. So far it's been a joyful journey for us and I have had so much fun getting to know Kevin better. In these beginning years we have made a point to make each other our first priority, and I think it is helping us build a strong base for our future. Our Lord only knows what the future holds and what trials we may face but in the mean time I continue to appreciate every moment that we laugh our heads off, snuggle close on cold nights, and every weekend day that we wander slowly through Trader Joe's.







I know these are random pics, but I love them.
I love you Kevin, I can't wait for the next 58.

3 comments:

Bern Thompson said...

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR FIRST TWO YEARS OF MARRIAGE, MELODY & KEVIN, YOU ARE LAYING THE FOUNDATION FOR A LIFETIME TOGETHER!!! WE LOVE YOU BOTH AND CELEBRATE WITH YOU!!!

Dad

Cheryl Thompson said...

Your wedding day will always be a beautiful memory for us! We love you both and are so proud of you. Congratulations on your second anniversary.
Mom

Cheryl Thompson said...

This post is REAL NICE, but we are ready for something new...