CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Our Little Guy

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Polydactyl Kittens...

...Or, kittens who have 6 toes on each paw! Yesterday I met two little kittens who are polydactyl. Their extra toes make their paws really big and when you hold a paw in your hand it looks like a mitten. When the kittens walked around they looked like high heels with the front four toes flat in front and the two side toes extended to walk. I held a little orange striped kitten. She had such a pretty coat and she was a very sweet cat. I wish I had my camera, because as I held her she would press a paw against my chest as she purred.

5 comments:

erik said...

Interestingly enough... I will soon be posting a blog about kittens... Probably tomorrow..

Anonymous said...

Orange kitten eh? Hmmm, that's interesting, I know an orange kitten...

Kristin said...

I think it would be better if they were pterodactyl kittens and flew, but that's still really cute. : )

Anonymous said...

My friend Laura had a kitten with 6 toes on the front, 7 on the back. He made mewing sounds that sounded like "muck, muck". He would lose focus on what he was playing with within seconds, and they never could train him not to pee inside the house. He also drooled habitually... drops of it falling onto while petting him. I think his name was Butterscotch.

Cheryl Thompson said...

Ewwwww, Steph.