CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Our Little Guy

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Sometimes You'll Ride A Bus

Yesterday was normal. (As normal as this Summer has been) I took Kevin to work, and picked him up. It was hot here, well hotter than we are used to. We decided to go get an iced coffee, I decided to take a break from driving and asked Kevin to drive us. I would soon be very glad that I had...

As we drove down a busy road the car made this squeal/clunk sound. I thought we hit something that was caught in the wheel well. There was no where to park and so we kept moving until it was safe. We pulled into a small parking lot as my car began to overheat. We decided to get coffee and then return to the car. We came back to the car and I got in the drivers seat. It is my car and I am more familiar with what is normal, or not. When I hopped in we prayed and I started the car. The engine sounded fine, but my coolant temp began to rise before I even put the car into gear. My battery light flicked on, and I tried to pull forward. My power steering was out...

Kevin and I decided the car was obviously not happy and we should let her relax for a while. We sat on a little stone wall sipping coffee mostly in silence.

Our plan was to get the car home. If we could get it home we could figure things out from there. Our journey continued with Kevin driving. We pulled over every few blocks to let the car rest so that we wouldn't kill it. We took a back road and we would drive for two minutes let it sit for ten, drive for two and so on. We made it home, and began to look at bikes on Craigslist, Kevin has to get to work somehow. But why would anyone want to bring their bike to us- the people who have no cash? We looked up bus routes. This morning we got up extra early and Kevin walked to a bus stop.

Today we will have to have the car towed and then we will see...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awe man, car problems stink! I hope it's nothing too major. It actually sounds similar to something my car did once... I think it was a belt of somesort that broke...Let me know if you need any transportation help!

melody said...

we may have to take you up on that! my car was just towed away to clackamas. blech. I am praying that it is something minor....Oh dear Lord, PLEASE! The good news is the engine is totally fine, we are thinking (hoping) belt too!

erik said...

I was going to try and be first- and say if you or kevin needed help- we were available.. lol- my wife's so great - she beat me to it! Hopefully the rest of the news comes out cheap and easy to fix.