CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Our Little Guy

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 6, 2007

It's a wild world, wild wild world

This has been a weekend of weekends. In one way it has felt like a month has past, and not in the "oh my goodness I am exhausted sense." But in the "wow, I have seen so much, heard so much, walked so much sense." I doubt that either of those count as "senses," but yeah I said it.

First we had a visitor staying with us, and it was great to see him. Pastor Bill, who discipled Kevin, and who married us came to Portland, and stayed at our little house. We enjoyed debating theology, and sports, ate some good food, and rented a movie. Plus, we successfully hosted someone who is not (exactly) family, so I feel pretty accomplished with that. I will say that I have my mom to thank, because without her example I would be lost.

On Saturday while Bill took care of some things in Portland, Kevin and I headed downtown. We went to the farmers market and enjoyed a tasty little lunch of baguette with goat's cheese, and jam. We then met our friends Erik and Erin at the Saturday market. We walked around, didn't find anything to buy, I almost got in a fist fight and we capped it off with some stumptown coffee which made me forget the lady I wanted to fight. Erik and Erin are pretty much our favorites.

On Sunday morning I got a text from Matt letting me know he and Steph were in town, sweet! So we had lunch with them, and Jonathan and Kristin. I am tired, but so happy and satisfied with the weekend. I will say that laying down with my husband for a rest made my weekend complete.

2 comments:

erik said...

SWEET!!! AN HONORABLE MENTION! WE LOVE YOU MELODY.. Being only your blog its safe to say that.. I think Erin would agree that we consider you almost family.. (though I know you have many brothers- and I am not tall very strong, athletic, or blonde haired...) Thanks for the mention- and glad to know we are pretty much your favorites...(does that include Kevin too or just you- being your blog?? HA HA!) PS- even though this is a comment and not a letter- bad writing i know... I sense in the monthish ahead another m-m-m-m-m night to be planned at our apartment. We also got Mudslide mix with Kahlua. (hence the other 2 m's)! There's probably a rule about parenthesis usage in a comment- but i love using them. (parenthesis that is)!

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed your crazy, busy and full weekend. So glad we got to spend some time with you both on Saturday wandering around and almost getting in fist fights, I mean really what more could you want from a Saturday afternoon?