CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Our Little Guy

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Jesus Jeopardy

Does that sound like blasphemy? Maybe. But it wasn't my idea- ok, maybe it was. I took a summer school class this summer, and for our final assignment we could write an 8-10 page paper chosen from a myriad of topics- or create a board game. The game was to be similar to Jeopardy, but needed to be a playable board game based on Christology.

Kevin and I spent a weekend at thrift stores searching for the perfect board game for me to re-work. We finally found the perfect one- "Movie Mania"



Originally priced at $29.95 (why??) We bought it for $1.99. I went to work painting over the box and game board. Kevin helped me create some rules of play, and he helped me get it done on time. I painted the box a bright blue and copied the Jeopardy logo onto it. I outlined the letters with yellow paint and then filled them in with gold glitter. Snazzy! I even did the same with a small box that holds my category and question cards for the game. The main purpose in creating the game was to come up with 30 questions on Christology.

My professor titled the assignment "the Jesus game" and so we ran with it. When you open my game the first thing you see is a bright yellow cardboard square that reads "Jesus Jeopardy rules of play." So maybe I am the blasphemer, but I had a lot more fun making a game with Kevin than writing an 8-10 page paper.

Post Script
I would like to tell you that I took a picture of the final game, but I took the picture on my camera and I cannot load those photos onto here. Sorry to be a bum.

1 comments:

erik said...

Interestingly enough.. Most bums don't have cameras... What kind of bum are you? Just kidding of course!! Looking forward to the "your face" sized margaritas on tuesday... (Erin is- that is, i might get something else?) Maybe i can get a phone picture of the actual comparison though...that would be entertaining to me. ha ha.