CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Our Little Guy

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The Endless Weekend

On Friday after Kevin got off work we drove straight to our mechanic to get new brakes for the Saturn. We walked around the neighborhood and hung out at a park while my car received some much needed TLC. They finished in less than an hour, and when we came back they were topping off all my fluids, told us what to watch out for, and had rotated my tires without us even asking. We love our mechanic. We drive pretty far to go to him, but he is honest, has fair prices, and does great work. We got home, and I got to work on the promised "man meal." When we came home Kevin was greeted with my surprise for him. I had baked his favorite- carrot cake. I made it from scratch, with cream cheese frosting of course.

I am coming to terms with the fact that I am my mom, yes that is a hostess apron around my waist thank you very much.



I worked on our dinner of New York Strip steaks and "chuck wagon potatoes." Oh man it turned out sooo good. I was nervous as this was my first time making steak. We seasoned the meat with "Jamaica Me Steak."



We ate it up. I could only eat about 2oz. of my 8oz. steak, but Kevin cleaned his plate.



After dinner we watched Shaun of the Dead. Then we sat down with tea, and carrot cake and watched some British sitcom on PBS. At this point Kevin and I looked at each other asking ourselves if we have become my parents. If you know them you understand. Our favorite quote from the British sitcom- Son- "She was your wife before she was my mother." Father- "Not necessarily."

Saturday we went for a hike to work off the calories from the night before. We used our left over steak to make yummy tacos, therefore justifying further the purchase of this delicious meat.

After church on Sunday we were feeling adventurous and decided to check out a dog show. We loved the movie "Best In Show." As well as the series on Bravo "Showdog Moms and Dads." It seemed a natural next step to go to a dog show.

Admission was free and we paid $3.40 (for both of us) to ride the Max round trip to the show. I was in dog heaven. We went home and took a nap and then we did laundry. I swear we did as much in one weekend as we normally do in 3 or 4.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE THAT MOVIE

melody said...

Shaun of the Dead is AMAZING. I don't know how I hadn't watched it until now, but I love it. So good.

megan said...

Love it!
You ARE your mom ... and that's a compliment to both of you :)

Cheryl Thompson said...

Just for the record---I WAS his wife before I was their mother, unlike the content of that BBC show.:-) Otherwise, I do see elements of this weekend scenario that are VERY familiar!
Mom

Cheryl Thompson said...

Tablecloth looks great with those green placemats. Love it!
Mom

Whitney said...

I'm so hungry right now. Cheers for cooking steak perfectly for the first time! Meat can be very intimidating. but it looks reallyyyyy good.