CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Our Little Guy

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Thena and Truffles

Today was "Day of Outreach" at school. Two times each school year classes are cancelled so that students can spend the day serving the community. I picked a house that is on the street Kevin and I live on, in hopes of meeting a neighbor. I met Thena, and her dachshund "Truffles." We trimmed bushes, raked leaves, and did general yard work. Thena made hot cocoa and offered us mixed nuts for a snack. I had a lot of fun, and I looked cute in my flannel. I hope to visit them again, and maybe take Truffles for a walk with Kevin.

After my day of outreach was over I went to Kevin's work to have lunch with him. When he got in the car he said, "you smell like my dad." I was proud of that.

5 comments:

erik said...

Truffles- seems like an interesting name for a dog?? But that's awesome that you two helped someone new out... Does Truffles have many layers? I think if I told Erin she smelled like my dad- she would not be so much proud- but kinda give the what the heck are you talking about look... Ha ha.. but congrats to Kev for saying something in the column of good things to say!

Anonymous said...

"You smell like my dad"... Now that is a hot catcall from your husband. Reminds me of my friend JimmyTT's favorite drunk pick up line to girls in college: "Hey, you look big and strong. Wanna walk me home?"

I would be proud, too, if someone said I smelled like their dad...unless that person's dad was a sewage worker. Do you have pics? I wanna see you in your flannel. BTW, we're trying to figure out when we're coming up next. I'll ring you.

melody said...

yay yay yay! I can't wait to see you. I do have pics...from a diff. time I wore the flannel. Maybe I shall e-mail it...

Kristin said...

Is this the lumberjack flannel? You guys rocked those flannels at the lumberjacks game forever ago!
I missed my weekly(ish) Melody&Kevin time this week since we didn't have college group! See you Tues?

Tiff said...

i would like to hear more about "truffles". i have a blog now too!