CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Our Little Guy

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Name: Melody Occupation: Lunch Lady

After arriving back in PDX in October, I promptly began to work for Kitchen Kaboodle. I loved my time there but the commute was eating more cash than I was making. School began again in January and I needed to work, and what could be more convenient than the cafeteria at MBC? And, what better way to get re-acclimated to the "community" than by serving food to the people who thought I was dead? After one week as a server I was asked to cashier. Yes! Promotion! So, monday-friday 11-2, I cashier in the cafeteria and then I clean. As I perch behind the cash register I watch the students and faculty, staff and visitors. I observe it all and have quickly learned that popularity never goes away, and you need to be in a clique to eat comfortably in a cafeteria, regardless of age or stature. I plan to share only the best of my observations, and of course I'll share about my life and the man who has captured my heart. Hopefully I won't fail as a blogger and I will be consistent, we'll see.

0 comments: