CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Our Little Guy

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 7, 2009

We're Moving!

Do you remember this? Or this? We're doing it again! By now it must seem like we love oven cleaning, trips to goodwill, and packing boxes. This will be our fourth apartment in three years! The best part about this new apartment? We have a dishwasher, a garbage disposal, and a fenced private patio. We will also be able to have cable again, and it even has a breakfast bar. We are moving further from campus, and though it will be less convenient, it will be so good for us. We are planning to move on December 11-13, which is pretty much the best weekend with how busy things are otherwise. I will also admit that preparing is a great outlet for my nesting urges.

I am starting to pack and clean, focusing on our kitchen first. It's always that thing that sneaks up on you during a move. Books, and wall decorations are the easiest, while all the random things- cold medicine, extra bottles of hand soap, check boxes, etc. prove to be the most annoying. We are moving back into a one bedroom, and this means we will have room for a full size couch! I already have it picked out, and I'll let you see it once it is purchased, set-up, and being used in the new place. We may even have space for a table and chairs to eat at! Don't get me wrong, I'm sure we'll still use our tv stands on select occasions, but it will be nice to actually sit across from each other again.

Oh, and during this move I will be nearly 33 weeks pregnant. Yep. I'm doing the packing, while Kevin will be doing the actual moving with the help of some friends. It's hard to let go of that control, and letting it all happen while I'm at work, and distracting myself with my mom's visit here. But, I will label my boxes well- and knowing Kevin, it will probably go better than I could even hope.

I'm totally stealing this, but it's a great way to give pregnancy updates.

How far along? 27 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: I've gained weight, and you know what? It's not fun seeing new territory on a scale. I don't like seeing it there, and I'm not ready to post it here. If you really need to know, email me.
Stretch marks? Yep. I have very very sensitive skin that does not like to be messed with. I've had stretch marks since, oh I don't know- the positive pregnancy test? No, really probably week 15.
Sleep: Love it thanks to my snoogle. Though this week my body does this thing where during my every-two-hours potty break, I wake up like it's 7am. I sit up totally awake and ready for the day, but it's like 2am. So I grab snoogle, and fall right back to sleep. Can't complain.
Best moment this week: Finding our new apartment, and (this was really last week) buying our crib that we found on Craigslist.
Movement: Pretty much all the time, last weekend Peapod head butted my mom's hand, such a good baby. I love lifting my shirt and watching random parts of my belly jump with action. It's so weird, but I love it.
Food cravings: Meh. I've never been driven by the need for a specific food as of yet. But I will take a huge glass of ice cold lemonade (fresh, not powdered) with extra lemon slices any time of day. It really can't be too sour for me.
Gender: Jury's still out. A friend of mine just gave birth, and her girl was in fact a boy. They didn't have a name picked for him, and he came home to a very pink crib, and some precious dresses. Oops.
Labor Signs: None thankfully, it's too early! But, I do get Braxton Hicks contractions these days, in fact I had 11 in 12 hours the other day. But, they are not painful at all, and I welcome them because they are preparing my body for labor- so bring it. Random- playing Rockband gives me these practice contractions too.
Belly Button in or out? In, and it really doesn't even look that different yet.
What I miss: Advil!
What I am looking forward to: Laying in our bed with our newborn, and just staring and marveling at those tiny fingers and fat feet.
Weekly Wisdom: "sleep in, go on dates, and go out to movies" wisdom provided to me by a mom who was missing the days pre-baby.
Milestones: Third trimester, and we started our childbirth class.

Sort of related- strangers definitely put their feet in their mouths when it comes to pregnancy. I have a friend who is almost 7 months pregnant, and the other day a woman she just met said "oh, are you 8 months pregnant?" My friend said "no, about 7." the other woman then said "is that only one baby?" So, let's all remember to keep our stupid assumptions and guesses to ourselves when it comes to hormonal pregnant women.

1 comments:

Cheryl Thompson said...

You are doing such a lovely job of keeping us all up to date on your pregnancy. I love how you write about it. Motherhood is bringing out the best of your gifts!