CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Our Little Guy

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I Might Just Pass Out, Really.

I doubt that it's something I've done regularly, but I am guilty of claiming that "I might pass out," generally when I am feeling overly dramatic about wanting Peet's Coffee and a Noah's bagel, stat. But yesterday I almost did pass out, and now I will (try to) never claim such a feeling again unless it really happens.

To set the stage, I woke up unusually perky for a Monday morning. I wasn't even feeling tense about the pile of work on my desk. I kissed Kevin goodbye and walked to work. Every Monday begins with a staff meeting, and yesterday I was tracking with the conversations and adding my own thoughts when I could. Suddenly, my co-workers appeared to be spinning, and the conference table was swaying back and forth in front of me. When I looked out the window into my boss' office, his chair looked like it was riding a wave. I assumed I was simply in need of some food, and I tried my best to excuse myself from the meeting. I had to grip the walls as I walked. I reached the kitchen, and suddenly the floor hit me in the face (I fell). I helped myself up using the refrigerator handle and opened it looking for yogurt. All I could find was a coke. I grabbed it and started drinking hoping I was just in need of sugar. I started to feel myself going down again, and stepped into the restroom. I looked in the mirror and my face had no color, except that just below my eyes was bright purple. I walked back to the meeting, and my boss said that I looked horrible and needed to go home. I called Kevin at his work, and he drove over and picked me up. I cam home at 11:30, and slept until 2, and then again until 6.

I woke up still certain that my blood sugar must be low, and more or less demanded dinner from Kevin. He is very sweet, and spent the next 45 minutes making me chicken and brown rice. I tried to sit up to eat, and started to feel like I might pass out again. So, he ate dinner alone- man I'm awesome. By then I was willing to accept that I was sick. I slept from 10pm until noon.

Plus I had crazy dreams that always accompany the flu for me. Including Matt and I hanging out at his apartment. We were about to leave when the members of ICP and some fans crossed the street to the donut shop across from his loft. Matt then made the decision that if we were going to step outside that we had better dress like ICP fans. Strange- yes.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

hahahahaha! ICP4LIFE