CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Our Little Guy

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, August 22, 2008

Blog "Code" Names

I LOVE blogs. Seriously. I could not be happier that so many people are willing to self publish on a semi-consistent basis. There are a few drawbacks to blogs- like those bloggers who are not that interesting or great at writing but do it anyway. I have to read it, I can't look away. And no, it's not your blog. My ultimate pet peeve with blogs are the dumb nick names people use for their friends and family members. Young-mom bloggers are definitely the most guilty of this. Referring to their daughter Abby as "A" and husband Brad as "B". It's very confusing because I know that their names are Brad and Abby- because said mother obviously mentioned it at some point or another. Often times they attempt a cute nick name like "winker" or "bun" but why not just refer to them by their name? I finally saw a mom refer to one of her children as a series of letters and numbers. Something along the lines of- WHJ85. Is this to protect your child? Because I am pretty sure I have seen WHJ85 in some pretty embarrassing circumstances, most of them involving a serious lack of clothing. They must be running out of blog nicknames at the city registry office.

1 comments:

Cheryl Thompson said...

I can never look away from your blog either, Melody, but only because it is so great, especially today. KEEP WRITING!