CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Our Little Guy

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 20, 2010

First Father's Day


On February 8, 2010 our life changed forever when Leyland was born. That day he made Kevin a dad. I think Kevin's road to fatherhood really began once he knew a baby was growing in my belly. Throughout my pregnancy Kevin lovingly hugged, patted, and kissed my tummy daily, talking to the baby we did not yet know.

But on 2.8.10 I fell in love with him all over again as I saw him holding our pink newborn. Leyland was huge when he was born, but he still looked tiny, vulnerable, and totally safe in his daddy's arms. Kevin moved through Leyland's first day with the confidence of someone who'd been there before, and yet it was his first day on the job. He changed diapers, stared at every detail of Leyland's face, and looked as proud as a man can. On Leyland's second night, he wouldn't settle for sleep. Kevin allowed me to sleep between feedings and rocked, and walked Leyland around the hospital room. I will never forget waking in the middle of that night and seeing Kevin rocking Leyland in his arms.

Our son does not yet know how lucky he is that Kevin is his father. But he will. I've never seen Kevin set a goal for himself and not achieve it. And currently? He's working to be the best dad he can be.

I am so thankful that Kevin chose to work so that I can stay home being a mommy, I'm so thankful that he can't wait to see his son at the end of each day, and I am so thankful he is my partner in parenthood.

I love you Kevin!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

*clicking thumbs up icon* LIKE!!